The race is back on! Okay, not really a race. It's what I like to call a "wog" - walking/jogging combination.
Since being fitted with my new running shoes (sounding a little like Forrest Gump here), my knees are doing great (knock on wood). So, professional fittings do make a big difference! The man at Runners World in Tulsa was extremely helpful. Where else can you actually run around a parking lot in the shoes before you shell out $100 bucks?!
The schedule right now is fairly easy. I do get a little winded towards the end but my allergies are contributing a little to that since I'm running outside. I'm also listening to Robert Ullrey's Podcasts during the Couch to 5K sessions - I highly recommend them! Upbeat music and talking only when it's time to run/walk/etc.
You can find his Podcasts here: http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/podcasts/podcasts.html
I'm finding that I definitely feel more energized and less stressed when I get up in the mornings to run. Let's see if I can keep it up over the next 8 weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment