Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The journey begins

I've never been a fan of running. I see the value in exercise but really - there's got to be a better way, right?

Plus, I've always questioned why my usually sane friends spent what little free time they had running around. Sure, I played tennis in high school but that's different. And that was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away from my current life as a wife, mom and worker bee.

But I guess all the talk about running, marathons, healthy living, etc. have finally got the best of me. I've decided to give it a try. What do I have to lose, right? Except for those extra pounds I've been carrying around in my backside lately. And surely it will help my golf game because that's what I really want to improve.

All of you runners who surround me have been convincing, so I now begin my journey to see what all the hype is about. I'll keep you updated on my progress through the Couch to 5K training program. No guarantees I'll actually do a race, but at least I'll be able to say I could (if I wanted to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment